flickroll

Well Known Member
Anybody know what's up with Aveo? They have quit answering emails about their embedded wing tips lights that will fit the latest model Van's tips. I've been patiently waiting since last fall for their promised lights but am about to move on to something else due to their poor communication and inability to produce the promised product. It looked promising, but then again, anyone can produce a fancy drawing on paper.

I've been told to expect to see something introduced at sun n fun. I also need to make a decision soon. I hope it is as good as it sounds.

What!

search and read posts.....not good.......

Could you be anymore cryptic. How about a link or explanation. I think everyone values input good or bad about products available to builders. I don't think your "fly-by" comment helps anyone.

AeroLEDs will be offering an all-LED position light/strobe that will fit the RV cutout that will be available in a couple of months. We are just about to release our new Suntail tail mounted position/strobe that will fit the RV.

Dean Wilkinson
AeroLEDs LLC

Give Us Details on the Suntail !

AeroLEDs will be offering an all-LED position light/strobe that will fit the RV cutout that will be available in a couple of months. We are just about to release our new Suntail tail mounted position/strobe that will fit the RV.

Dean Wilkinson
AeroLEDs LLC

How soon on the Suntail? Weeks? Months? Can I please have one now?;)

Thanks for the update Dean!

Are you planning a "strobe only" option that could be put in the wing tips and sync with the SunTail? ...maybe as a drop in replacement for the Whelen?

I'm trying to find a bright LED strobe to complete my tip lights. I will install them on the piece of mirrored plexiglass in this picture that doesn't have anything on it yet (opposing the piece with the LED's and HID's):

1z736gh.jpg

It seems like the SunTail would work if I can sync it with two other SunTails that would go in the wing tips and eliminate the "position" feature on the two in the wing tips.

Would that work Dean?

- Peter

I've got very good service from the midwest distributor. Contact Stan at [email protected] and I'm sure he'll get right back to you.

Stan has been super to deal with. Almost always answers his phone first try when you call, and if you don't catch him that way returns emails promptly. Unfortunately the problem is with Aveo in Europe. They won't give him any information either.

Thanks for the update Dean!

Are you planning a "strobe only" option that could be put in the wing tips and sync with the SunTail? ...maybe as a drop in replacement for the Whelen?

I'm trying to find a bright LED strobe to complete my tip lights. I will install them on the piece of mirrored plexiglass in this picture that doesn't have anything on it yet (opposing the piece with the LED's and HID's):

1z736gh.jpg

It seems like the SunTail would work if I can sync it with two other SunTails that would go in the wing tips and eliminate the "position" feature on the two in the wing tips.

Would that work Dean?

- Peter

Peter,

Yes, you could install a Suntail in each wingtip and use them in strobe only mode, and they will synch with each other. There is a single green wire that you connect together between all the strobes that synchronizes them.

We don't have them on the website yet, but you can call Susan (our operations manager) and order them now. Her number (208) 850-3294

We also have our Sunray available now for a wingtip mounted LED landing light. I will post information on it tonight in the Electrical forum on this site.

Dean

Thanks Dean!

I'll give you a call tomorrow. Any show specials for SNF?

One concern I have is regarding RF interference. The HID's and LED's that you see in the pic above are electrically very quiet. Have you tested the Suntail for RF interference? I would hate to get a set and find they break the squelch on my handheld from 4 feet away.

Thanks again Dean!

- Peter

Last edited: