ron sterba

Well Known Member
On my RV9A I have about 6 hours on the plane and lights. I had a unusual shut down in that when I was turning off the strobes ( pos,strobe,NAV 3in one light) I noticed that the strobe light stayed dimly lite and flashed slower than usual even with the power off at switch. This lasted about 30 seconds. I have checked my wires and connection points. (Molex connector). Now I have not been able to duplicate failure. There are four wires to each lamp. A neg.,power to NAV, power to strobe, and blue wire to synchronize the strobes. ( all three lamps ). Has anyone experienced this? The running temps on the red light run about 140 degrees F. The right tip light runs about 160 degrees F after about one hour of runtime in the hangar at 57 degree hangar temp. Sorta baffled on this one. OPEN to any of your thoughts.

Cheers
Ron in Oregon

Last edited:
Thanks Don, I didn't have a good comparison to other models. That's good to know. Power Burst. I'll check these out. Does anybody have a LED model that they know the operating temperatures?? I sent my back to factory in Palm Coast Florida.Hopefully I'll have a answer shortly. I like the intensity of the lights and one piece molded unit.
Cheers
Ron in Oregon
RV9A

Thanks Don for that warning. They did look fragile but wonder about that countersunk hole. Still no contact with the company. Hopefully this week. I just saw on the website ( Aero Engineering) the new Zip Tips for the RV series. These are WHOLE wing tip with embedded landing lights and pos/strobe lights. They're really cool looking. Couldn't find a price..

Ron in Oregon

RV9A

Thanks Don, I didn't have a good comparison to other models. That's good to know. Power Burst. I'll check these out. Does anybody have a LED model that they know the operating temperatures?? I sent my back to factory in Palm Coast Florida.Hopefully I'll have a answer shortly. I like the intensity of the lights and one piece molded unit.
Cheers
Ron in Oregon
RV9A

I have AveoFlashLP LSA 3 in 1 system. (from ACS)

After landing it is just warm to touch. Could be your unit needs air cooling, I would stop running it in hangar.

David good point on needing cooling. YES mine are under the wing tip lens cover. They seem to have sizeable heat sink at the base of the lights so engineering seemed to have their ducks in order in the design phase. I'll ask the next time I talk with the repair shop in Florida. Sent voice mail and text but no answer in a week.

Ron RV9A

Aveo Warranty Administrator

Hi Ron, It was a pleasure to speak with you today! Aveo corporate as well as key engineers are in Florida this week attending the Aveo booth at NBAA tradeshow in Orlando Tuesday through Thursday, We are going to fix this issue you have, which is unusual... I will have a solution or will simply replace your lights, Thats what I do. I encourage you and/or anyone else with any problems with Any Aveo lights to contact me on my biz cell# (631) 935-8483 anytime.

My position as Aveo's warranty administrator for N.America, Canada and Central and S. America is simply that our lights do not fail within their warranty we promise. If they do, I will replace them.

Damien Esmond
[email protected]
631-935-8483

Thanks Damien. (Factory rep Aveo ) I received the two wing NAV/strobes replacement lights this past week and have installed them. I want to say thanks AVEO for the LIFETIME WARRANTY and my local sales Aveo rep Howard ar Kestrelair.com Tacoma Washinton for taking me through the steps. It went pretty easy. I'll report back in 4 months. Thanks VAF for this website. Much appreciated Doug!

Ron in Oregon
RV9A Dynon Skyviews,CATTO, Vetterman,Garmin,Aircraft extras, Avery,Cleaveland,Steinair,Faststack and of course VANS! Bunch more.