aveomaxxEW

Im ready to install these lights on the RV10. where can I get installation information and where can I purchase the units?

The latest I have on AVEO

Im ready to install these lights on the RV10. where can I get installation information and where can I purchase the units?

Here's an email I got from them today I have been communicating with them for several months regarding the integrated package for my RV8. They are near the point of shipping:

Don,

Thanks for your email. We will get there with the best product for your airplane. Just to review a few items.

1. Blue Wire and (Synchronization) is the same wire. It?s Blue in color, so we sometimes call it the Synch wire or ?blue wire?.

2. Wires on all wing and tail lights are: Black (ground), Red (Nav/Position), Yellow (Strobe), Blue (Synchronization)

3. As I understand now, your RV-8 will take the Aveo Lighting Package AV-EWMaxx-78 (this tip fits all RV-7/7A and post-2001 RV-8-8A kits.

4. The AVEO Wing Position light (as part of the kit) will require 4 wires going out to the wing tip by themselves. The wing landing/taxi lights will also require a minimum of 4 wires also (not including ground). I would run an extra 14 gauge wire to the wing tips to have an extra wire available, until we get final specifications on the landing lights ? for a total of 5 wires for the landing/taxi lights (not including the ground).

5. Here is a picture of the light, installed in the Vans AC.

6. As soon as I have firm pricing and deliver dates, I?ll email you and we will get the lights on order for you.

7. There are no power packs or control systems that need to be mounted in the panel or elsewhere. Everything is in the circuit of the lights themselves.

8. Home I can get a ride after the 40 hour fly off.

Dan Miller

678-643-1031 Direct Cell

[email protected]

www.aveousa.com

Thank you Don

Don, I also called Dan Miller this morning and got filled in on the latest. He sent me a CC of that same email you have. Im all squared away now all I have to do is run 5 more wires out to the wing tips. A friend told me "I talked to the rep at sun n fun and he assured me you only need 3 wires" Im glad I didnt believe him.. I was getting ready to close up those wings. Thanks for the help.

Wiring

I also talked with Dan today and hope they are getting it put together.

Regarding the wiring, I sat down with them at Osh and we came up with the following wiring. This is for the landing/taxi light assembly and the Position/Strobe light.

3- power wires
3- grounds (I'm going to locally ground)
2- sync wires. (1 sync wire for the strobe, 1 sync wire for the wigwag)

Am I missing something? I should note, they had the power and ground wires for the landing, taxi lights joined for ease of demonstration. Don't confuse that.

Looks like a great package.

Have you read this thread?

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=42940&highlight=led+position+light

It appears that the AeroLED product is a little more quiet than the Aveo product.

I was anxious to make a purchase at Airventure, then somebody knocked some sense into me. Regardless of which product you choose, purchase can be deferred until just before flying. Since that is over a year away for me, I am just going to wait to see what the next year does for these vendors and potentially some new competitors.