Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
I printed the new entry forms last night from www.airventurecup.com and I was reviewing them at breakfast this morning when I got a shock. These same entry forms have to be post marked in 2.5 weeks!

Bob Axsom

Response from EAA to request for AVC publicity

This is a direct copy of a message thread so you have to read it from bottom to top to capture the picture.

Bob Axsom

------------------------------
Bob,
The AirVenture Cup Committee views www.airventurecup.com as the official Web site of the race. I suggest contacting Eric Whyte with your concerns. I haven't gotten info from the committee requesting publication in Hotline or any of the EAA communications vehicles. The Web site you refer to is 100% controlled by the Race committee.

Ron Wagner, EAA 30248
Manager, EAA Field Relations

920-426-6122
1-888-322-4636, ext. 6122
EAA - The Spirit of Aviation
FAX 920-426-6560

www.eaa.org

See you at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh - July 28 - August 3, 2008

Thanks
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 11:07 AM
To: Convention
Subject: Airventure Cup Race

The information at www.airventurecup.com has inaccuracies and the distribution is so limited it is outrageous. The deadline for entry is May 31, 2008. Can you please at least get some publicity out there.

Bob Axsom
EAA 370326

Message from the Director

The following is a message from the AirVenture Cup Race Director Eric Whyte. He attached a copy of the forms but you can get them directly at www.airventurecup.com.

Bob Axsom

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about the mass mailing, hopefully it won’t end up in your junk mailbox. As many of you have heard by now the 2008 AirVenture Cup race is a go, but we have made a major change this year. We are starting in Mitchell, SD and racing to Juneau, WI (KUNU) (Dodge County Airport) This will allow us to race over what will hopefully be a downwind course. Attached are applications for the race.

With all the changes this year we have been late in getting advertising out so I am e-mailing all of you to help spread the word. We are hoping to have a great turn out this year. Hope to see all of you there. If you have any questions let me know!

Eric Whyte