kenora

I bought a handheld in Sept 2012. It has been a general PIA since.
The unit is basically two GPS units living i none body, the aviation side is Bendix/King/Honeywell and while not faultless it proved useable and gives a VFR pilot good SA regards airspace.
The software to update it is cumbersome and difficult to use.
The SD card and hardware both failed within 60 days of first power-up but to Bendix/Kings credit they replaced both.

The drive side is a nightmare. The software is below par with the cheapest "name brand" auto GPS units on the market and the update process impossible.
I have been 'trying" to deal with the customer care folks at Naviextras; that's the drive side software company and they are both condescending, trite and MOSTLY near useless.
I wouldn't recommend this unit to anyone!

I purchased mine when they were first introduced and still use it today. Never a problem with it.

Bendix

Last year at osh I saw the various size av80rs selling for dirt cheap at all the booths. KNew they were being orphaned. Before that they were not even avg quality.

A few of us at my a/d still have the old small one. I use it for backup #3 in my panel. Would not recommend to anyone. Shame, would think with bendix they woudl be a top notch product. Nope. It fails on me all the time or thinks it is thousands of miles from its true location, literally will track me for 15 minutes somewhere out in the atlantic or greenland before it figures out thats not accurate. Nice.

For back up use, an ipad is way better and more reliable.

I purchased mine when they were first introduced and still use it today. Never a problem with it.

+1

Had it since it was released and is used on every flight with zero issues

True the drive mapping software is not the greatest but it still gets you there