ldv333

I am looking for any recommendations on the installation of dual AV-30e units in my RV6A. The basic functions (AI, DG, ASI) work fine but the issue is in trying to connect both the units AND my Trutrak Digitrak autopilot together with the Garmin 400W. I understand that the AV-30 currently does not accept the format with altitude information, but the 400 only allows one format output, and the AP needs the altitude information. Is there any workaround for this problem?

The G400 has 4 serial outputs. Why not connect one output to the AV30, specify the Aviation No Alt format,,,, and connect second output to the autopilot, specify the Aviation (with alt) format.

The G400 has 4 serial outputs. Why not connect one output to the AV30, specify the Aviation No Alt format,,,, and connect second output to the autopilot, specify the Aviation (with alt) format.

We tried that but when you enter the second output as "with alt" it changes the first one to "with alt" as well.

This makes little sense (but that doesn’t mean you’re wrong!). If you can only use one output format why have 4 ports? Are you certain you’re not confusing input and output settings on one port, with output settings on two different ports? Have you tried formatting all four?

I don't think it will fix the problem but I can provide you with the software upgrade to Main 5.30 ... I used to rent out the cards... looked and I do still have them.