grover

Well Known Member
1) how many people added a cigar lighter 12v plug-in for the front or rear seat?

2) do they ever get used (would you do it again)?

James,
I don't know if you remember from mine. I've got one by each seat. One installed on the right gear tower and the other is installed on a cover I fashioned for the rear stick. The one by the rear set is wired to my Hot Batt Bus to allow charging the battery if necessary and to charge my cell phone without having to turn on the Master. I used it for this purpose regularly. The forward one I installed in case I ever wanted to power any gadgets in flight. Flying 20 hrs a month has put a damper on purchasing electronic gadgets!

Take care,
Jerry

grover said:
1) how many people added a cigar lighter 12v plug-in for the front or rear seat?

2) do they ever get used (would you do it again)?

1) Yes

2) All the time (Yes)

I put one in the right thigh support for the front seat, facing right (I don't remember the part number, but it's the little triangle thingy on top of the spar carry-through. It's very convenient for all kinds of gadgets, and you can park some stuff on the right console or in the footwell while it's charging.

You can't see it if you don't know it's there, but it's a trivial reach under your thigh to plug something in.

Yup, front and rear, and I use the front one all the time to power my 396, and the back gets used for the same purpose whenever there's a passenger!

Paul

On my RV-6 i used a 3 amp breaker wired through a switch to battery side of the master relay. The switch is labeled AUX PWR. I have my XM radio and my 496 (two plugs) plugged into them. I wanted the switch so I could turn off the outlets. You could use a C/B switch which I will use in my -8a. I haven't figured what amp breaker or wire size yet as the rear AUX outlet will be used for a heated vest and to charge the aircraft battery if need be.

Tom

Last edited: