prkaye

Well Known Member
I'm thinking about getting a pair of the Lightspeed 15XLc headset. For those familiar with this model, I have a question about the aux input. I presume it's a stereo input, but what sort of signal level does it expect? Can I connect the "headphone-out" of my walkman to the aux input of the headset, to play music? Or does it expect a line-level signal? Personal music devices (CD players) often have a headphone-out, and not a line-level output.

For my Lightspeed headset, normal MP3 player outputs work fine (iPod shuffle, iPod Video)

Reliability?

Surveying the headset threads in the forums, I see a lot of praise for Lightspeed's repair service. Some people have posted about returning their headsets multiple times for service, and say the service was great.
But this leaves me concerned that the headsets themselves are not reliable... why do so many people have so much experience with Lightspeed's repair service?
Any comments? Anyone who has had Lightspeed headsets work reliably for years with no need for service?

Lightspeed will even fix stuff that isn't normally warrenty work, such as smashed cords and stuff. I didn't have anything break on my QFR XC's in the couple years I had them, although the mic muff wore out. My dad has 20 3G's without any problems...