Staunch111

Well Known Member
For those who have installed outboard tanks, with aux pumps (as a back up)to assist fuel transfer into the mains - which fuel pump did you decide on. I'm looking at the Facet pump that Vans sell (ES 40108) "12v solid state fuel pump for all RV models (except RV-12). 3/8" male outlet ports with 37 degree aircraft fittings. Provides 6 psi. NOT for use with high pressure (fuel injection) systems" which is now unavailable. Any advice on alternative pumps?

I used the (now apparently unavailable) Facet pump. You don't need (or want) much pressure capability there. Be sure you have a place for fuel to recirculate or push out the vent if you forget the pump on and try to overfill the main tank - even a couple pounds of pressure, spread over that many square inches, will be enough to cause damage.

I used the (now apparently unavailable) Facet pump. You don't need (or want) much pressure capability there. Be sure you have a place for fuel to recirculate or push out the vent if you forget the pump on and try to overfill the main tank - even a couple pounds of pressure, spread over that many square inches, will be enough to cause damage.

I'm about to purchase 2 units- 40108 from Pegasus. In terms of aux fuel transfer (outboard to inboard (as a backup)- both tanks vented), any suggestions on other pumps that may be suitable? I understand 40108 was / is recommended by a number of other kit build companies (despite not being recommended for aircraft use). Was that specifically due to the JIC flare 3/8 in 37D AN aircraft fitting and low PSI?

Any thoughts (anyone) on replacing 40108 with 40109 or 40137.Full specs can be found at: https://cdn.thomasnet.com/ccp/30785534/221943.pdf

Both alternative mentioned have check valves.

Last edited: