PeteP

Well Known Member
I have two Trio servos and have the roll servo installed but have not bought the AP controller unit. Does anyone know if the D180 autopilot will work with the Trio Gold servos? Any thoughts on the Dynon autopilot vs. the Trio?

Pete

I have two Trio servos and have the roll servo installed but have not bought the AP controller unit. Does anyone know if the D180 autopilot will work with the Trio Gold servos? Any thoughts on the Dynon autopilot vs. the Trio?

Pete

The two systems are not compatible.

Really comes down to whether or not you want the autopilot integrated with the flight instruments or separate for redundancy. Trio is a quality product and company if you decide to go that route.

If you aready have the D180, its like Sam said. Otherwise the MGL units work with Trio units. Just a thought.

I have the Dynon AP coupled to the Garmin 430W with the AP74 & HS34 and the system has worked perfectly for the 3 months that I have flown the AP.

Unfortunately the Trio and Dynon AP servos are physically different as well. Thus, if you elect to go with the Dynon AP, you will have to change out your brackets as well.