comfortcat

Well Known Member
Friend
Working on the wings, and I need to install the Dynon SV32 servo. I bought the wire from Steinair, but what kind of plug should I use? I'm thinking of a DSUB DB-9 (I'm a computer geek) but are they weather-proof enough?

What did folks use?

Dkb

Dsub

I installed a Dsub 9 in the fuse side, and have a pigtail comming out of the wing to mate with it.

Havent addressed the waterproofing issue yet------thanks for mentioning it, I had completely missed that factor.

I am thinking sealer around the unit where it is mounted in the fuse, and an "awning" over that so to shed water if any happens to get into the wing root area.

In my installation, I do not think shrink tube will be an option.

Would "rescue tape" (the silicon/rubber stuff that sticks to itself) wrapped around a DSUB or molex connector be workable or recommended Mike? Just a thought.

I used molex connectors for my servos (SV-32 in floor bay and aft fuse). They are in dry areas, so I didn't wrap them...but out in the wing of an IFR machine, I would.

Cheers,
Bob

I used DB-9 Connectors on both ends.

Click on this picture to see an easy way to secure the plugs:

I am doing wing wiring/ap roll servo install now...

I am using dsub for ap roll servo at right wing root also...just wondering if I take strobe molex/d-sub/one other molex and secure them back inside first wing bay if they would stay dry? On roll trim in left wing, dsub seems best versus molex due to small 26 ga wires. What did you guys use there? There is an aerosol electrical sealant that I use on hvac circuit boards/connectors.