aerofurb

Well Known Member
Autopilot Servo Pushrod

As I'm 'going it alone' with a dual SkyView installation, I won't be buying the standard RV-12 Avionics Kit.

I am installing the autopilot though and would really appreciate it if someone could give me the material spec for the tubes from which the servo pushrods are made.

Of course if someone wants to email me a scan of the avionics kit plans... ;)

I will of course be buying the bits from Van's so they're not losing out!

Last edited:
The autopilot kit isn,t part of the avionics kit. You might be about as well off to order the autopilot kit.I can send you a copy of the AP plans Monday if no one has them now.

Ah, thanks for that Mark. I wan't thinking about it being an option. I have the servo brackets and the install plans for those.

The SkyView system and servos etc I already have from the UK distributor who did me a good deal which saved the shipping from the US.

I'm tank building this weekend (joy!) so no mad rush but all assistance appreciated!

Fear not, there'll be plenty of pictures in due course. It'll be a few weeks until we get to install the stuff. The spec should be dual 10" SkyView displays, SL30 and using original fit RV-12 switches. :)

Oh and UK-required standby altimeter, ASI and compass.... :(

PS Apologies for the illiterate thread title - it was late when I posted....

Last edited:
Final plea for help!

If anyone has their Autopilot plans to hand and can tell me what the size/material spec is that the autopilot pushrods are made from, I will forever be in your debt.

I have to place my order for some parts from Van's this week and want to get the right stuff.

A pint of real beer in a real English pub for the winner... :)

'A pint of real beer in a real English pub for the winner..."

That's more of a threat than a reward!
Regards
John

Thanks to all, especially Joe for the info and a scanned copy of the plans from Mike. Absolutely splendid!

Two beers owed next time you're in the UK - and I'll buy you one as well, John, just to prove real ale is the right stuff.... ;)