comfortcat

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm planning to use automotive plugs with my Bendix mags. I got the ignition wiring kit and plug adapters from 3Gi and I have Bendix S4LN-20/21 mags.
Engine is O-320 150hp E2D

Any advice about which plug to use? I believe the NGK BR8ES is the common choice.

Advice?

advTHANKSance

CC

The NGK BR8ES and BR8EG are the 2 plugs I use in my 2 stroke race bike. I didn't know they were also used for your application. For my use, these plugs have been great but I have no idea how well they will work for you.

I use the NGK BR8EIX Iridium Electrode with my emags. these have been reported to work with the Bendix mags also.

I am interested in the Bendix/auto plug conversion also. Does anyone have info/review of this? Not necessarily with the electronic ignition. A straight Bendex mag to auto plug is of interest to me.

3GI ignition harness conversion...

From their web site:
===============
Slick and Bendix magneto harness modifications allowing the use of automotive style spark plug with stock magnetos or modified for the G3i Ignition Systems.

I hope this works!

http://www.g3ignition.com

CC :rolleyes:

Slick Mag

I converted a Slick harness to an auto plugs harness via the G3I kit on my IO-540. It seems to run smoother with the NGK BR8ES plugs, especially LOP. Be sure to gap the plugs .018" to .020" for the mag spark.