ivanjr

I want to install the wires for the A/P in the wing (RV10) Ready to button up wings. What size wires are typical and how many? I haven't decided on which A/P at this point. Perhaps someone could share some pros and cons on the A/P choices available.

The Blue Mountain AP has special cables that run from the brain to the servos. I can't speak for other APs but I suspect it would be the same. I'd bet you need to make your AP decision before you lay in the wires.

I haven't decided on which A/P at this point. Perhaps someone could share some pros and cons on the A/P choices available.

Take a look at the "Autopilot" forum here on VAF (go to the Forums Home, scroll down to Autopilots) and you'll see three year's worth of discussion on all sorts of autopilots!

Paul

If you're not sure...

Trio uses a shielded 4-conductor cable with 22AWG conductors I think. If you're not sure what your requirements will be just run a string where the cable will go and pull the proper wire through when the time comes.

A/P Wires

Stein sells A/P wire bundles ready to install. It should be just what you need for the roll servo and for the pitch servo you will need to add one more wire. This should work with most A/P choices. Check out their website.

check steinair

I want to install the wires for the A/P in the wing (RV10) Ready to button up wings. What size wires are typical and how many? I haven't decided on which A/P at this point. Perhaps someone could share some pros and cons on the A/P choices available.

I order servo wire from steinair. Not in my shop right now but it is made for the servos. All wires there for the roll and you need one more for the pitch servo.

Before you close up the wings, you might consider buying just the servos and installing them. They will most likely need to be located at the aileron bell crank and will need some sort of base, or platform. It won't be fun installing the platform through a single access cover.

John

Not too bad

Before you close up the wings, you might consider buying just the servos and installing them. They will most likely need to be located at the aileron bell crank and will need some sort of base, or platform. It won't be fun installing the platform through a single access cover.

John

I just put the servo in the wing (RV7A) for the the DigitrakII A/P and it's not a big deal. Took about an hour to fit and plenty of work room. The bottom bellcrank bracket is replaced by one supplied and an additional bracket is added. You also drill 1 hole in the bellcrank. What takes the most time figuring out the instructions which are spotty on how to install. Good pictures so it wasn't too hard to figure out. Don't forget the safety wires.

If you are interested in any of the Digitrak products, go to their website and and they have manuals and you can look at installs.
Here is a listing of products: http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/instruments2.htm and here is the wing servo for a RV10: http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/documents/RV10RollInstallation.pdf

In response to earlier question, Trutrak products use 7 wires on the roll servo and 8 on the pitch. The servo wiring I got from Steinair was 7 stranded.

Last edited: