bhassel

Well Known Member
Are the auto-pilot mounting brackets included in the Fuse kit or is that extra?

My fuse kit is supposedly shipping any day now. I have the plans (bought early) and the Homebuilt Help DVD's, and noticed where in the DVD's the autopilot brackets are mounted in the fuse. However, I don't seem to see that in the plans. I've even done a scan of my pdf version in Section 21.

Thanks,

Bob

The brackets are in the fuselage kit.
Follow the instructions and it will tell you to install the bracket at a certain point if you are getting the auto pilot.
It will tell you to go to I think section 39 for the instructions.
You will find the parts and instructions in a plastic bag.
I'm not at the hanger so I don't know exactly what page it is that tells you to go to section 39.

Terry

Bob,

I ordered the auto pilot kit along with the fuselage kit so I could install the mounting brackets while assembling the fuselage ? rather then afterwards.

Since I ordered both kits at the same time, I can?t be positive ? but I do not think the AP brackets are part of the fuselage kit because my AP mounting brackets came in one of two plastic bags marked as being AP components.

About to find out

Gents,
I'm currently waiting for my fuse kit, ordered w/o AP option but intend to add it later. In a very recent email I received from Gus F, he said the servo mount brackets ARE included in the fuse kit. We'll see what shows up. Kit was "in crate" and due to ship immediately.

Thanks,

I'm hoping my kit ships this week. It was supposed to ship out last week with the wings and finish kits.

I just figured that this looked like easiest time to install the auto pilot kit instead of later after she's mostly built.

Bob

Gents,
I'm currently waiting for my fuse kit, ordered w/o AP option but intend to add it later. In a very recent email I received from Gus F, he said the servo mount brackets ARE included in the fuse kit. We'll see what shows up. Kit was "in crate" and due to ship immediately.

The A/P brackets are included in the fuselage kit wrapped in a bag with the instructions and hardware. The instructions are a sep section (39), however there are notes in the fuselage section that refer you to do them now....on page 21-05 and 21-19.... i recommend highlighting or circling the notes on those pages when you get your kit as it's easy to drift on past the notes while working.

What about the servo's? Is it a good idea to install them early as well? Like someone else said...I'm old, fat but having a blast. To that I'd add, I have a built in bumper that prevents serious bending...

I'm leaving off the tailcone until the very last...

Bob

By all means, install the servos before you attach the tailcone. Run the servo control wires through then fuselage tunnel with all the other wires and tubing while it is easy to get access (I had the fuselage on its side at the time).

John,

Sounds like you are making good progress. You'll be sniveling pre-first flight rides any day now! :)

Rich

John,

Sounds like you are making good progress. You'll be sniveling pre-first flight rides any day now! :)

Rich

Yeah - it's coming...slowly but surely.

Glad to pay the ride forward.

Section 21 was a grinder, with that and working a 100+ (flying) hours a month this summer, it has been a royal pain. Yeah, I know, another whiny airline guy....

but with Wx, diversions, mx, monsoons, merger mania/drama, oldest going to NAU....thank goodness the summer of 2013 is finally OVER!

John,

I see OSHA is now going to be responsible for airline cabin safety, so I'm sure your autumn will be much safer!

Rich