noelf

Well Known Member
I guess that it was an appropriate tribute to Van's RV-4 on the front cover. I opened the magazine to page one and found the last page instead...upside down, followed by the entire contents, in page order, upside down.

Boy, am I going to get some strange looks from the family as I read this issue and all they can see is the cover and back page...upside down.

Mine arrived fine. Save it! It might be like the postage stamp with the inverted biplane and a collectors item.

Or read it and send to the recycle bin. Sooner than I care to contemplate ALL printed magazines will be collectors items.

Makes me want to wallpaper my office with Sectionals - while I still can.

collectors items

The long out of print Pitts Special book by Budd Davidson has asking prices north of $300. I think I will keep mine for awhile.

This the second report of an upside down copy of this month's issue, and I'd liek to get an idea how widespread it is - we have to let our printer know they have a problem!

If you have a problem copy, please let us know at [email protected]. I can forward those notes to our customer service folks - can't do that with posts here.

Thanks!

Paul

Back when Road & Track and Car and Driver magazines were owned by Hachette-Filipacchi (and printed at the same plant), there was an issue of R&T whose first 15 pages or so were Car and Driver editorial! :eek: The mistake was caught before too many issues were printed?a real "stop the presses" moment, to be sure.

Is this because the cover was put on upside down? If you orient the magazine so that page 1 is upright, is the rest of the magazine OK?

Just guessing........

Correct, front cover, back cover, inside front and inside back covers are oriented in the correct frame reference. The rest of the mag is oriented opposite.

I wouldn't care if it were printed in Chineese

I would get it translated and read it cover to cover within 24 hours, just like Sport Aviation. What a great publication

I guess that this issue is dedicated to "aerobatic" flight. Just hope that the inverted oil injection system works properly!

Dave

N842DK
RV-8 @ 300 hours