timh

I'm New Here
I just purchased an already built RV-12 with GTR200 com.

Copilot com works fine, but when the pilot PTT is pressed, the sound in the headset goes dead, and stays dead until pilot PTT is released, then sound is fine again.

Seems to me like it may be a wiring issue (PTT wire shorted to pilot com audio, or wires crossed), but before removing screws and using the DMM to check for shorts or crossed wires, I would like to ask if anyone has had the same problem, and if there could possibly be another cause.
Thanks!

I just purchased an already built RV-12 with GTR200 com.

Copilot com works fine, but when the pilot PTT is pressed, the sound in the headset goes dead, and stays dead until pilot PTT is released, then sound is fine again.

Seems to me like it may be a wiring issue (PTT wire shorted to pilot com audio, or wires crossed), but before removing screws and using the DMM to check for shorts or crossed wires, I would like to ask if anyone has had the same problem, and if there could possibly be another cause.
Thanks!
In the Garmin GTR200 Installation manual, take a look a the sidetone settings.

Also, check you headset settings for mono/stereo (if they have them)

good luck

In the Garmin GTR200 Installation manual, take a look a the sidetone settings.

Also, check you headset settings for mono/stereo (if they have them)

good luck
Yes, there are settings in the configuration or system setup menus that are the likely culprit.

Thanks for the help. The "sidetone" reference helped find more possible causes in searches, and additional information. Apparently re-seating the unit helped some people with similar problems in some cases. Will report back after I try these fixes.