NateZ

Hey all,

I posted in the South Florida section but it seems like its really slow in that forum, so I'm posting here too, sorry to the moderators. Please delete the one in the other forum if its a problem.

Long story short, I need to put about 12 tailwheel hours in my logbook, so that I can qualify for my boss' insurance on his RV-7. His aircraft is in Colorado for the summer and I really, really want to get on his insurance so I can fly it back here when he comes back down for the fall.

Is there anybody in Broward or Palm Beach County (I live in Boca near BCT) that would like to take me flying in their tailwheel equipped aircraft? It doesn't need to be an RV. I will pay for fuel. I am a commercial ASEL/AMEL/IFR and an A&P, clean cut, young (lightweight) guy.

Please let me know!

Thanks,
Nate

[email protected]

Hi Dan,

I've actually taken Jan's course about 2 months ago. Its too far of a drive, and like I said I'm hoping somebody will take me flying if I just pay for fuel... Jan will want me to rent his airplane and fuel, plus driving my 12 mpg truck there and back doesn't make it worth it.

Regards,
Nate

What kind of time do you need? It seems like you are asking to ride along. Does that mean something to the insurance company? Someone is going to need to be PIC and for PIC time for you I would think most people would want insurance, at the very least.

Yes PIC time is what I need. I'm looking to fly along with somebody, I can log PIC from the right seat if I am the sole manipulator of the controls and I am rated and current in the aircraft type, why would I need insurance if I'm riding along with an insured pilot in his/her airplane, its been 2 years since I've owned an airplane is that really where aircraft insurance is these days???

Ok yes, i guess I need to add that the person is going to have to not put the PIC in their logbook since we both cannot log PIC at the same time, unless someone is under the hood for instrument work and I've seen that topic debated to death, lets please keep this topic pointed towards getting me some stick time :)

Nate

Last edited:
Hi Bob,

You right. I do not require a tailwheel endorsement. I have 13 hours tailwheel and received my tailwheel endorsement during Jan Bussel's tailwheel transition course in his RV-6. I need 25 hours tailwheel time (in any tailwheel equipped aircraft) to qualify for the insurance on the RV-7 I want to fly.

Nate

My insurance policy says, "Who may pilot the aircraft?". Not act as PIC but manipulate the controls. The answer in my policy is "only me".

Tail wheel is available at Lantana (klna) just south of west palm beach. However, you would need to rent the plane and pay for cfi to fly along. I know my policy lists PIC's to only be me or any additional qualified pilot if I pay to add them to the policy.

Tom H.

Tail wheel is available at Lantana (klna) just south of west palm beach. However, you would need to rent the plane and pay for cfi to fly along.

Yup! Its 125/airplane 50/instructor @ LNA.

http://www.shine-aviation.com/

344azac.jpg