David_Nelson

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I'm contemplating on using #6 screws and the 4 provided holes to attach the tray to the panel. I don't know how far the 4500's bezel extends laterally beyond the hole in the panel and if I can use pan head or if I must use flush head screws. Or maybe I should just flush rivet it on.

Thanks,

.057"

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for pointing that out. Sadly, that drawing was right under my nose.

Anyways, I drew it up in CAD and I "estimate" that if using an AN515-6 I'll have about .057" gap.

Thanks,

/\/elson

I wish I had my 4500..... still waiting..... as patiently as I can....... :eek:

schu

Measurement confirmation

in case somebody searches the archives.

I just received and test mounted the Advanced Deck 4500. The gap between the front bezel and the AN515-6 screw heads is just shy of 1/16" (.0625"); so the .057" gap wasn't too far off. Lookin' good!

David,

Can you post a pic?

I'll be mounting my tray this weekend. Would have done it last weekend but I jazzed up the instrument panel and had to order a new blank. Uggggggggg.

Pics

Hi Jesse,

I've two pics with the 4500 in the panel:

aaz.sized.jpg

Note that the above pic is not how things will end up. I'm still figuring out how to route the wires and tubing.

aay.sized.jpg

If you need some better detail you can go to my www site, see below, and keep clicking the picture(s) until you get full resolution. Give me a holler if you need a different angle.

Regards,