rwarre

Well Known Member
Anyone have any pictures of the fiberglass process of attaching the wheel fairing to the wheel pant. I would like to make the fairing part of the wheel pant with a split where the two halves join. Thanks

I've got some photos on my web site. I just finished this recently. If you have the Van's fairings, my advice is to really trim them back around the edges. The edges were really rough and plenty long enough.

I got everything in place and clecoed, then cut the pieces off of the wheel pant and gear leg fairings, then put them back on permenently with epoxy.

IMG_4526-M.jpg

I finished up the installation by adding a small overlap on the forward piece to keep the aft section from grabbing the airflow.

Another approach ...

... is to fiberglass the front of the lower intersection fairing to the front piece of the wheelpant. Then you can use the natural split on the aft of the intersection fairing to put them on/off. I was going to do what you're talking about above, until I read a thread here that talked about the other way. I used the latter method, and am very happy I did.