ArVeeNiner

Well Known Member
My wonderful wife bought me a Bison Mountain Bag for my birthday. How did everybody secure their bag? They supply a couple of rivets (like we don't have any spare rivets :rolleyes:) so I guess they mean for us to rivet the top straps to the seat back support. I'm interested to see how others have done it.

Thanks.

I just got one, as well. It came with directions and a description of how to hook up the special straps. If memory serves, the straps attach to the seat back istself, and then clip in to the special straps on the bag.

I haven't installed mine yet either.

Don't rivet

I just sit mine in. It stays there nicely, even through a couple rolls. More aerobatics and I take it out prior. It is so easy to access, the strap would be bothersome.

YMMV

On my -6 I tied the straps to the cross-bar that actuates the canopy latch. The straps can be unclipped and the bags removed quite easily, but they haven't been out since I got them (except at annual time). They stay in place quite well during aerobatics (apparently... :).

I always thought that Bison should add straps that go under the flaps torque tube to hold it down. Would be very secure.

I installed per instructions

I riveted the strap to the seatback and have the bag clipped in, I put my tie down bag with my tie downs, chocks etc in the same place behind the other seat with a strap that holds it in place. I figured that if I wanted to throw in the odd aero I did not want the potential of the bags flying about in the back.
I have to say clipping the bag in is a bit of a pain with the slider unless I use my tip-up conversion, also getting the bag out over the seat back past the seat belts can be awkward as the bag is heavy with traveling tools, oil etc.
On the plus side the bag fit great and allows me to move weight forward and give more cubes in the baggage area for bulky stuff.