afii58

to past QB rv8 builders..quick question...attached the wings...drop plumb lines, they all lined up (no need to adjust wings position)..measured from common point on each wing to aft fuselage point (maybe difference of a 1/4 of an inch between wings)..incidence at each wing root was 0 to 0.1 degree ..at wing tips rt wing matched wing root...left wing went from 0.1 at root to 0.2. (digital level).
Question 1...is it normal for it to be almost perfect on QB by just attaching the wings? anything we are missing?
Question 2....there really isn't anything you can do about incidence at wing tip...I mean if you try to adjust wing tip up or down will affect wing root..correct? seems like you would have to twist the wings...which I don't think is adviseable...lol

thanks for help...just trying to measure 20 times and cut (or drill) once

My RV8 QB was also very close-don't remember exact numbers without looking back at my logs. I checked mine numerous times over several days-finally got up enough nerve and drilled the rear attach bolt. Turned out to be a non-event. Be sure to use a drill guide. Good luck with your build.

Yep - measure another 20 times and have someone else do it as well.

Verify you have the fuselage level in both planes (left/right and fore/aft). Check this in more than one place.

I found a quality 3' or so carpenter level with shims under one end was more accurate than a digital level. You may not. Most important is to make sure both wings are the same.

Yes - you can and may need to adjust the angle of incidence by moving the rear spar up or down. It does not take much movement to make a change.

Carl