Build9A

Well Known Member
I'm going to be flying a friend to Atlanta to catch a commercial flight. Anyone have any experience or local knowledge concerning which GA airport would have the best access to ATL with regard to public transportation or maybe courtesy car? thanks, Jack

Might be able

You can sometimes fly right into Hartsfield with no landing fee, but I'd call ahead of time and confirm it.

Bar that, there closest airports are Peachtree city, Fulton County, or Peachtree dekalb.

Nothing really close and depending on the time of day all will have terrible traffic going to hartsfield.

PDK to ATl

I think if you fly into PDK, you can catch the MARTA train right to Hartsfield.
Good Luck!
Bill Waters

Fastest access to ATL=KFFC (Peachtree City)

Rental cars available-some scheduled shuttles. Normally 25-30 mins by car,even in heavy traffic. Under the southern edge of the class B. No ATC hassles. Lots of RV's around. Spruce to do a little shopping. Lot's of food choices and hotels. Golf??

Thanks Guys

Sounds like a toss up between Peachtrees. MARTA or stop by Spruce, hmmm. thanks, Jack

GO GATORS! beat UCLA......sorry I know it's not RV specific.

Couple of additional thots

If you go to FFC.. When you land, go in the main building and they will call spruce to come get you, they are just down the street.

If you go to PDK and use MARTA, the marta station is *not* right at the airport, it's a bit of a hike, but if you go to EPPS or Signature or Maybe even Mercury, I'll bet you could borrow a crew car and run your passenger to the station...You'll want the CHAMBLEE station and here's the link to the maps and the Marta site.

http://www.itsmarta.com/getthere/schedules/index-rail.htm

Fly to PDK...

If you fly to PDK, you can get an FBO shuttle across the street to MARTA. It's a buck fifty & drops you off at the front door of Hartsfield. I'm pretty familiar with ATL & MARTA, feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Marty Esther
-7 Slider
N717ME (reserved)
(770)789-0844

Having flown to just about every airport around the outskirts of ATL, PDK is by far the best for dependable transportation to ATL. There is a couple of small fields just south of ATL but your chance of arriving on time to ATL is PDK. If you want to feel like a commercial flight, arrive on a Friday afternoon at about 6 pm and you will be stacked up left and right, front and back like ATL.