danielhv

Well Known Member
Im stuck... Im leaning towards the 7A, but im not 100% on it... is the Emp kit different between the two? Can I get the emp and wings done, and then decide I want a taildragger when I order the fuse? At what point is there no return?

Forge ahead!

Wings and empennage are not affected by the nose/tail wheel, at least in the building stage.

You have to make the decision before you order the fuselage. Even then you can build the airplane to handle both but of course you only get the WD (welded pieces such as gears and brackets) items for whichever you specify.

Vans tells the tail dragger people, in the instructions, to flush set a few rivets so it can be converted to a nose dragger later. I would think going from an A to a tail dragger would be easy as well.

On a social note: You must decide before you ever tell another builder you are building an RV. Their first question is always, "tail dragger or nose dragger"?

Happy building.

Im stuck... Im leaning towards the 7A, but im not 100% on it... is the Emp kit different between the two? Can I get the emp and wings done, and then decide I want a taildragger when I order the fuse? At what point is there no return?

On a social note: You must decide before you ever tell another builder you are building an RV. Their first question is always, "tail dragger or nose dragger"?
Only to be followed by tip-up or slider, to prim or not to prim, GRT or Dynon, Mags or electronic ignition, ....

Good luck on your choice. Whatever you elect to do, it will be a great airplane!