RV7AJeremy

Well Known Member
Well, I found out this week that my assignment got changed and now I will have the pleasure of flying a desk for the next few years:mad: Anyone near Scott AFB?

St Louiis RVers

Jeremy,

First of all thanks for your service this Veterans weekend. I was in for 20 so I know what kind of sacrifices you've made and the dangerous challenges you've faced. I think evryone on this forum will agree with me. Thanks

And yes there are RVs in St Louis. There are 4 of us (3 RV-4s and an RV-8) that try to fly together as much as schedules/weather allow. We fly our formations by the FFI standards (like pretty much most guys do) so if you're comfortable with those you'll fit right in. If you haven't used those, the standards are easy to learn and with your background you'll have no trouble. We just found out about a guy that just finshed the phase one on an RV-8 and wants to start flying with us. We fly out of Spirit Airport on the west side of St Louis (KSUS).

Contact me via PM or e-mail.

Oly Olson

Sorry to hear...know what it's like. Hopefully more time for the build. Ill try to come visit one weekend.

Scott AFB

I didn't know if it was even called that anymore since it is a joint use facility now. I was stationed there many decades ago. If you can base you RV there that would be great. There are a lot of airports in a small area in RV speed terms. Spirit of St. Louis is a nice facility if you consider the formation fellow's offer interesting and as I recall getting there under or around the Class B is pretty easy - they do have some tall towers to watch out for. Regardless of that, the flying exploration possibilities in the area are extensive.

Bob Axsom

Welcome to Scott

Well, I found out this week that my assignment got changed and now I will have the pleasure of flying a desk for the next few years:mad: Anyone near Scott AFB?

I retired from Scott 2 years ago, live in Collinsville and keep my plane at KALN. There are 6 or so RVs there and a few more under construction (I'm building a 7A). Scott Aero Club recently closed and I don't think there are hangars for GA at Mid America.
I belong to EAA864 at KALN and there is another chapter (EAA64) at KCPS. Send me a pm if you want more info

Looks like I will be back in STL (Creve Coeur) in December. There are a couple of other RV's on the field there. Creve Coeur is an interesting airport. Lot's of Antiques around.