Jesse

Well Known Member
I just finished installing the Almost an RV-14 mod by Anti Splat Aero and thought I would share my observations. I am 6'1" tall and weigh in at about 250lbs right now. The -7A and -9A are a little tight for a guy my size, although I can fit. It just becomes much less comfortable after a couple of hours. We added the ASA mod and also added a 4th seat pack attach hinge, 1 inch aft of the current aft-most hinge to see if that added comfort. I was looking for leg room more than for head room.

Observations: The mod without the hinge does help with headroom, but not really with leg room. Also, the more reclined position was fine, but not what I was looking for. Moving the seat back bottom aft by 1" made a noticeable difference in leg room. If I put my feet under the pedals, I can stretch my legs all the way out, which I like to be able to do in flight from time to time. Also, my knees no longer hit the push-pull controls and only slightly hit the bottom corner of the air vent bracket. I think this will add a great deal of comfort to longer flights in either of these 2 models.

Full Disclosure: I don't represent ASA, although I do stock some of their parts because I like what they make. I think they make a quality line of products and they install more-or-less as advertised.

I also did this mod while building my SB 7a fuse, I like it alot. + the seat back can be removed if I need to get back into the tail cone for any reason.