RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Departed P19 in Chandler, AZ at 0700 local. Weather briefing showed I'd have significant tailwinds. I chose 9500 ft and didn't have anything less than 190 kt ground speed. Route was P19-E77-SS0-ELP-E11 (fuel) ETN-0TX1.

Based on the wind, I could have made it without stopping but stopped at E11 for a comfort stop and fuel. Flight time was 3:55.

Arrived at Pecan Plantation to a direct crosswind of at least 20 kts. Made an attempt but didn't like what was going on and decided to go to Grandbury with a more favorable runway. Still it was a tough crosswind and a probably the toughest landing I've ever had to make. The windsock was starched completely stiff.

Got a nice tour of Pecan Plantation and will look again tomorrow at a few lots. Very nice community with very nice people. Hopefully get to meet a few more people tomorrow.

Also got to watch my kid do the sports live on NBC5. First time since he has been in broadcasting. We're playing golf Monday.

Anyone at Pecan Plantation that has some time tomorrow (Sunday), give me a call. I'd love to see your place and talk about the community.

480-204-0662