JuniorB

I'm New Here
It was good to read that someone is setting another circumnavigation of the world. In the early 70's an EAA Chapter 555 member Don Taylor #22247 made the trip twice in his homebuilt Thorpe T-18. The first ended in Japan due to Weather then the second attempt made it. the time was more than 23 days however. I will be glad to supply pertinenet facts to anyone interested. His Thorpe T18 is now in the EAA museum. Congratulations and good luck to the new attempt. this is coming from Las Cruces NM by Junior Billstone friend of Red Marons.

Ah, yes.... I remember the sunny day Don landed and taxied to the flight line at OSH after the flight. I must have been only 15 feet from his plane as he taxied by! It was a very humbling time for me to TRY and imagine what he had done. And, yes, I thought about him and his white and blue T-18 as I learned about this latest attempt.

I just checked the website (3/4/06 8:05 PM EST) and Manuel has completed his longest leg, about 1800 miles. We can all be very proud of his, and others', achievements in these record setting flights.

http://www.chasingthemorningsun.com/route_table.htm

For what it is worth, about ten minutes ago I sent an email to the Weather Channel requesting they cover the story as he progresses and show the weather along his route. It will be interesting it we hear of it on TWC.

MY best wishes to all involved,
Don Gray
Cortland, OH
N17QB 7A in progress

Last edited: