Doug

Well Known Member
See:

http://www.hypertronics.com/PDFs/ARINC 628.pdf

I have in mind to install two power outlets of the type commonly used for powering laptop PCs in commercial aircraft, I would prefer these for auxiliary equipment rather than using cigarette lighter sockets.

These connectors seem to fit the purpose well (small, strong, positive lock, quick connect/disconnect and gold plated pins rated to 8 amps) but I am having problems finding them.

Can anyone point me to a source of these connectors?

Doug

Can anyone point me to a source of these connectors?

Doug

Doug, I hate to suggest the obvious, but on the Hypertronics web site (www.hypertronics.com), if you go to "Contact Us," then "Distributor Information," you'll find the web sites and phone numbers of several places you could try. Or maybe Hypertronics could sell them to you direct? (I know that some of the bigger manufacturers will not sell to individuals, or fulfill small orders, so you might be out of luck there.)

Alternatively, you could always bring a socket set with you the next time you ride on an airliner and... Oh, never mind... ;)

The commercial name...

.. is EmPower.

Lots of places sell the plug end (usually on a cable) for laptops, but the socket end might be harder to get.

Try your searches with "EmPower"

gil A