ao.frog

Well Known Member
I have had a couple of left-over hoses in my shop for a few years.
I got two of them from American Engines in 2006 and one from Vans in 2006 or 2011. (I'm not quite sure)
I'm wondering if they are for fuel or oil? Or maybe they can be used for both?

I'm thinking to use them as fuel lines where I'll mount the FF sensor: the sensor itself will go on the FF and I'll use one hose from the mechanical fuelpump to the sensor and another hose (the longest one) from the sensor to the injector.
That way the FF sensor will have no vibration and it'll have straight lines in and out.

Two of them (41 inches and 22 inches) have sort of a heavy brown rubber covering them.
The longest one are labeled:

AEROQUIP VEC
AE 3663161G0400
SV 1001-6CR-400
AVPT 3-061500 PSIG
AR 1168-6 HOSE SIZE -6
TSO-C53a TYPE D
TSO-C75 TYPE III-A-S/P-F

The shorter brown one has a similar label.

The red hose (23 inches) are labeled:

REF LW-12799-68222 7255
124F001-6CRO222 PT/AX
4-20-105735N W05 22865
MAX OP PSI 1500-6
TSO C53a TYPE D
TSO C75 TYPE III-A-S/P-F
55913/98441/22819

The red hose has the following big black letters on the outside (along the hose):
SIL FG-1(+3 non-readable numbers) Stratoflex 2650-8 AS1072-8

The letters and numbers on the labels are VERY small, so I might have copied some of them incorrect.

Do any of you people out there have any idea if these hoses can be used for fuel?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Yes, the -6 are fuel lines. The brown is firesleeved but I can't remember the name. I don't have a problem with them but I'd kinda like to know what hose is under the orange firesleeve.

Alf--
Yep! The 2 brown firesleeved hoses are Aeroquip AE466 teflon hose.
The orange firesleeved hose is Stratoflex 124 teflon hose. VERY acceptable hoses for fuel.
Tom

Thanks alot for the quick response guys. :)
The lines are going into the plane tomorrow then.

Good to know for sure, so I don't screw up anything when it comes to installing wrong lines into the fuelsystem.

This forum is soooo great to have when you are building a plane faaaar from where the "action" is... :D

Well, I might get in some extra tanks so the plane will be able to make it across the pond, but I doubt my own internal tanks will have enough capacity... :D

Thanks again for your response Tom. :)