bill v

Well Known Member
I wanted to see if anyone told how to go about riveting the ailerons the word aileron gave pages of threads so i tried "riveting ailerons" thinking both word would have to appear in that order but that doesn't seem to work. Is there a way to narrow down the search? (i did find the right thread from 2006 and thanks to his pictures the ailerons are very eazy, I had a terrible time on my 4)

I sometimes search with Google and stick in "VAF" as the last criteria...seems to work pretty well.

That's the best solution I can offer.

This forum is a huge data set, and most every topic is covered multiple times over the years, yet there are only so many "key words" in RV language ;)

Be patient.

Joe

To get really good results you need to be pretty creative in the words you search for. If you want higher level ability, like what you get with Google, install the Google Toolbar. You can then enter search terms and phrases in the toolbar and click on the "Search Site" icon. This will limit your site to vansairforce.com.

If you don't want to install Google toolbar, you can still do the same search straight from google. Here's a search phrase that will search vansairforce.com for the phrase and words "how to search".

site:www.vansairforce.com how to search

Basically, type site: (website name) (space) (search phrase)

Hope this helps.

Guy

Guy beat me to it! In the google search box use the following example ...

site:vansairforce.com rivet ailerons

Google's algorithms are very good. If you want the whole phrase then just enclose it in quotes like this ...

site:vansairforce.com "rivet ailerons"

Droping the "S" will also help.

Searching for "rivet" will bring up "rivet", "riveting", "rivets", "rivetnator" and anything else that starts with "rivet".

I use Google--Advanced Search

I google any subject, the usual way except I add in vansairforce.com in the
"Search within a site or domain" box at the bottom of the screen. Works for me.