bill v

Well Known Member
I.m working on the brake pedals for an rv-7 and if i put an an970L ( the thin washer) between the pedal and the rudder weldment it is too tight for the pedal to move freely so i need an extra thin washer. My plan is to make washers out of 2024 t3 that is 20ths thick. anyone know if i can just find thinner washers someplace? Or have a better idea. thanks

Not aware of any "extra thin" AN washers however can't you file or grind enough relief on either the brake or rudder pedal to fit?

I suppose I'd try the brake pedal as I assume the rudder pedal is all nice and powder coated (probably source of lack of clearance).

Back in the early days hardly anything fit and a file was used on just about everything.

Check out the "round shims" on mcmaster.com. I just looked and they have a wide variety of options.

David

Cut a piece of the UHMW tape and stick it to one side or the other and cut a hole in it for the bolt.

Or use Aluminum ducting tape to add thickness as needed.

This is essentially what is used from Boeing and Airbus when an ultra thin shim is needed. Adhesive backed aluminum foil. Not quite that crude but you get the idea.