Just wondering on what your opinions are on the GBI series (GBI Website ) construction videos are? I am planning on attending a Sport-Air workshop (RV Assembly) soon to get some basics but was wondering if these videos might also be a good purchase? Any opinions?

Last edited:
GBI videos

I found them to be very useful. Their utility depends on your skill and experience levels. They are not really exciting videos to watch, but they taught me a lot.

I bought them all. The emp video was kind of useless because it was an older version of the emp (not matched hole technology). Following some of his "tips" got me in trouble too. Nevertheless, I would recommend you watch them all. I never saw an RV before starting my kit, and the videos let me look over the shoulder of someone building one. Well worth the price.

Hope this helps.

tapes for sale

I have the RV8 fuselage tapes part 1 and 2 available. both $25 plus shipping.

For Me They Were Essential

I was able to do a quality job in areas where there is a lot of critical work that can be done many ways and quality is important. I bought the videos and reviewed some parts several times during the build process. I did not always do the tasks in the same way but I thoroughly understood the demands and the risks going in. By the time I finished my RV-6A I had acquired some well rounded building skills, avoided some quality compromising mistakes and ended up with a beautiful high performance airplane. I did not want to be a builder who says "If I had it to do over I would do it so much better" and I am not. This is as good as I can do, thanks in large measure to those tapes. I think they were essential to my success.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Bob Axsom said:
I was able to do a quality job in areas where there is a lot of critical work that can be done many ways and quality is important. I bought the videos and reviewed some parts several times during the build process. I did not always do the tasks in the same way but I thoroughly understood the demands and the risks going in. By the time I finished my RV-6A I had acquired some well rounded building skills, avoided some quality compromising mistakes and ended up with a beautiful high performance airplane I did not want to be a builder who says "If I had it to do over I would do it so much better" and I am not. This is as good as I can do, thanks in large measure to those tapes. I think they were essential to my success.

Bob Axsom
I echo Bob Axom's response, and I will add,
"George and Becki helped me build our RV-6A, start-to-finish!" ;) Rosie