RV8N

Well Known Member
I will probably be putting my RV-8 on the market soon :( and was wondering if RV's are selling with the economic slow-down.

Anybody sell an RV recently?

Karl

I can report the local scene

At Drake Field in Fayetteville, AR I know of three pilots that have bought RV-6As in the past year. There certainly are desires to have one (demand) walking around but the situation may be shifting to "over supply" and that appears to me to be driving the price down. The prices I am seeing now are around a $50K node where a couple of years ago there were many $100K+ ads.

Bob Axsom

Depends

That's a loaded question. The nice, well built planes will always sell. Then, the iffies will get a lot of tire kickers... then sell for an agreed price.

I've seen a 30-40% decline in prices in the last 12 months.....and they are still for sale.

Last edited:
RV-4 or 6

What do you think I can find a nice RV-4 or RV-6 for in the current market? I don't need more than a Mode S transponder and a flip-flop com.

I'll be there....

There is a -6A on Barnstormers for $44K.

...in Las Vegas, that is, on Dec 7-11 for an Ag aviation convention and I'm supposed to meet the owner. Contact me via PM if you want me to do a pre-buy. I'll also fly it anywhere in the lower 48.

Regards,

Sorry to hear that you're thinking of selling that fine -8 Karl, but everyone has their own circumstances....if it does go on the market, folks shoudl not be surprised if you hold out for a more than average price - it's a very well built machine!

Paul