diamond

Well Known Member
I'd like to place an order before prices go up, but I haven't 100% decided between building an RV-7 or RV-9. Are the empennage and/or fuselage kits the same between these models, such that I could delay making a decision until I order the wing kit? Thanks

-7 vs -9

I'd like to place an order before prices go up, but I haven't 100% decided between building an RV-7 or RV-9. Are the empennage and/or fuselage kits the same between these models, such that I could delay making a decision until I order the wing kit? Thanks

The -9 has a completely different horizontal stab/elevator assembly than the -7, so the emp. kit is definitely different. I believe that while the -7 and -9 fuselages are very similar, there are some differences to accommodate the different wings.

Skylor
RV-8
Under Construction (for way too long)

Last edited:
HS and elevators for 7 and 9 are different. VSs looks the same but 7 has thicker skin. As far as I can tell the rudder is the same.

I am not sure about the differences on fuse. You may check the Van's big list. fuse parts are numbered with prefix of F-, 7 parts are F-7xxx and 9 parts F-9xxx).