Lynnb

Well Known Member
I received my Antenna in the mail last night and it didn't fair great shipping. Should I return it and get a replacement or is this a straighten it out best you can and move on thing?

Thanks,
Lynn

20151030_054905.jpg

I'd straighten it out and use it if there's no broken parts. It's going inside the wingtip, and the RF won't care about a little ripple in the aluminum.

I'd straighten it too. No biggy. BTW, good choice. I got one to accompany my Narco 122. Works fantastically. I can shoot an ils all the way to the TDZN. Funny thing is, I could it to the auto pilot and it will bring be down 7 feel left of centerline (mine is in the right wing tip). One of my favorite mods!

X

I think he is praising its accuracy.

Ummm, could you clarify this part? I am trying to follow what you are saying but cannot make sense of this statement.

His aircraft centerline is 7 feet left of runway centerline because the antenna is in the right wingtip which is tracking ILS centerline.

Thanks WEN! Exactly what I was trying to say. Antenna works perfectly. My autopilot will fly my antenna when coupled to an ils right to the runway like a champion.

Love it.

Agree with the others, just straighten it as best you can, except: look carefully at the parallel plate capacitor where the coax attaches. There, you should see a sandwich of aluminum-bakelite-aluminum. If there are bends or damage in that area, send it back.
Make sure the ground arm is under the screws that attach the tip to the wing.

As others have said, this is a fine antenna for ILS work, and pretty good for VORs.