Eagleflip

Hi all. I did a search on this topic and did not find specifics, so here are my questions.

(and I hereby issue a pre-emptive "Sorry!" if the question has already been answered! :) )

My situation: I'm now a proud partner in an RV-6A originally built in 1998. It of course has a POH developed by the builder.

Did this POH receive an official "blessing" by the FAA in any definitive (and trackable) way?

And may I update this POH with additional information concerning handling characteristics and avionics updates?

Thanks!
Sam

Hi all. I did a search on this topic and did not find specifics, so here are my questions.

(and I hereby issue a pre-emptive "Sorry!" if the question has already been answered! :) )

My situation: I'm now a proud partner in an RV-6A originally built in 1998. It of course has a POH developed by the builder.

Did this POH receive an official "blessing" by the FAA in any definitive (and trackable) way?

And may I update this POH with additional information concerning handling characteristics and avionics updates?

Thanks!
Sam

Sam, you may find this hard to believe, but a POH was not in the regulatory loop for your RV-6A. I suspect most RVs do not have a POH.

Having said that, a POH is useful for a new owner such as you, if the data within it was established by sound test procedures. The FAA did not "bless" the POH, it was offered to you as a courtesy by the seller. You may change, replace, or discard the POH as you wish.

Enjoy your new RV!

Last edited:
As Sam says, there's no "official" POH for experimental amateur-built aircraft.
The operating limitations, that are a part of your airworthiness certificate, suffices from a regulatory standpoint.
A separate POH is nice to have and can be very handy, but it is not required, and there is no "blessing" as such.