billnaz

Well Known Member
Anyone have any experience with this moving map software? I'm looking for something to use on a netbook. This seems to be similar to the Anyware Map Pro software, and a lot cheaper. I'm currently using AM on a palm device.

http://approachsystems.com/

I used APIC for a while on a PDA with a blue tooth GPS. Worked well once you got to know how to drive it. Did take a while to get it set up to give the information I really wanted in the colors and text sizes I wanted. I haven't used it for 2 1/2 years, and Approach Systems have been continuously developing it in the meantime ...

Pete

I've also used APIC on a Samsung Q1 tablet PC. I found the map detail and screen management a little lacking, but they are constantly tweaking it. I haven't updated in quite a while, so can't comment on their recent software. They have GEO-referenced approach plates that depict your aircraft on both the plan and profile view which is a nice feature. It would be nice if they added GEO-referenced sectionals and low charts to their capabilities. I use the Q1 as a situational awareness GPS and not for navigation.

You can actually purchase a free version to try out to see if you like it on a netbook. It comes with outdated charts. Have to go through the checkout to get it, but you do not have to put in a CC no. :)