gfr56md

Greetings
I am interested in experience and opinions on the the Approach Pro Hub or Fast Stack system for avionic bundles
Regards Jerry -8QB

Approach Hub

I have used the Approach System Hub in two RV7A projects. The first one had a Garmin 430, Icom 820 com, GTX327 transponder, PS6000 audio panel and a TruTrak Digiflight II auto pilot. The avionics hook-up was perfect but the TRuTrack is a digital auto pilot and the hub was set up for an analog type. After a couple phone calls to the Approach engineers a simple mod to the hub overcame the problem. On the first power-up everything worked perfectly.

The second installation involved a Garmin 430, an SL40 Com, GTX327 transponder, PS6000 audio panel, TruTrak Digiflight II VSGS autopilot and a dual screen Grand Rapids EFIS system. While the 12 port pro hub G worked fine in the first installation I had to switch to the 21 port pro hub to get adequate access for the multi function dispalys. With the excellent documentation that came with the hub it was not too hard to integrate the GRT EFIS system. That set up worked perfectly too on first power up. Approach Systems will furnish cabeling for the interconnection of most EFIS systems but I choose to make my own interface because I wanted to incorporate some additional features from what they normally provide. The key to a successful application of the hub is to let them know EXACTLY what you want wired up and what you want it to do. This requires some home work on your behalf.

Overall this system is a big time saver, offers flexible wiring options and is quite economical. I certainly will use it again in future projects.

Martin Sutter