GX-50/55/60/65 Updates

First, you will need to make sure you have the newer 4mb card. If it's been more than 8 months since you updated, you probably have a 2mb card. As of earlier this year, the database is about 2.4mb and won't fit on your old card.

Once you buy a new card ($35-$100), you'll need to get a Jeppesen SkyBound II datacard writer ($49.99). Then you'll need to buy a one-time update ($125) or annual subscription ($375) from Jeppesen. You'll then download the database onto your PC and upload the card using the SkyBound.

(or)

I have some 4mb cards available, and can sell you one with the current database for $125. If you'd like one, I need to know asap as I only have two left with the current database. I also have one with a recent (within 60 days) database that I can sell you for $75 if you don't care about current.

By the way, the database cards are universal for the GX-50/55/60/65 series.

If you'd like one, call me at 209-609-6730.
Thanks,
Craig

--- snip ---

I have some 4mb cards available, and can sell you one with the current database for $125. If you'd like one, I need to know asap as I only have two left with the current database. I also have one with a recent (within 60 days) database that I can sell you for $75 if you don't care about current.

By the way, the database cards are universal for the GX-50/55/60/65 series.

If you'd like one, call me at 209-609-6730.
Thanks,
Craig

The $125 is a good price. It was about 6 years ago that I did an update that was something like $175 Datacard EXCHANGE back when UPS owned the Apollo line of radios.

How about a 300XL

Craig,
How about database cards for the 300XL? Where can I get a Skybound II for $49.99?

Thanks
Rocky

How about database cards for the 300XL?

I don't have any for the 300XL; not sure what kind of card that takes.

Where can I get a Skybound II for $49.99?

Jeppesen no longer makes the Skybound II adapter, so they have refurbished ones right now for $49.99. You have to call their customer service phone number and order it over the phone. I'll never let mine go, since once they're gone, they're gone.

Data Cards

I have three more of these cards now, all with database expiring 7/29/09. If anyone else needs one, let me know.
$75 each, free shipping (lower 48)