Does anyone happen to have the installation manual for the GX55? Apparently it's different from the GX50/60/65. I have a need to get to the test menu to perform a system initialization and the users manual doesn't cover that. I'm hoping it's the same as the other models where you hold the left and right soft keys while switching the unit on.

I have the user guide. Looking for the installation guide.

I have a GX50/60/65 installation manual, and I believe the GX-55 is essentially a GX-50 that was made plug-in compatible with the older Apollo Loran units.

I can't send it to you because you have not enabled e-mail on VAF...:(

I have a GX50/60/65 installation manual, and I believe the GX-55 is essentially a GX-50 that was made plug-in compatible with the older Apollo Loran units.

I can't send it to you because you have not enabled e-mail on VAF...:(

I have the same manual. I'm trying to confirm functionality is the same for the test modes even though the connections might be different. I couldn't find the installation manual and google searches didn't find one either.

I have the same manual. I'm trying to confirm functionality is the same for the test modes even though the connections might be different. I couldn't find the installation manual and google searches didn't find one either.

Which test modes?

I'll go and fire up the GX-55R in my Tiger and check.

BETTER STILL :D

Thanks to the Wayback Machine, Garmin's (well Apollo's actually) original GX-55 Installation Manual was captured a decade ago -

https://web.archive.org/web/2004060...n.com/manuals/GX55IFRGPS_GX55Installation.pdf

Last edited: