For some reason my Apollo GX-65 is stuck in simulator mode. Anyone experienced this? It seem to have happen when I removed the data card and reinserted it. I looked through all the manuals, they tell me how to get into sim mode, but doesn't tell you how to get out. I have turned the unit off and on several times. It did start working correct after one of the recycles, but once I recycled it again later, it went right back into sim mode. Any ideas?

GX65

I am the last person to be giving instruction on the GX65 because it is a new piece of equipment for me. But I can tell you that if it doesn't see the satellites it will automatically go into the simulator mode. Be sure it has a good view of the sky and make sure you antenna connections are good. Thats what helped me.
Good luck!

For some reason my Apollo GX-65 is stuck in simulator mode. Anyone experienced this? It seem to have happen when I removed the data card and reinserted it. I looked through all the manuals, they tell me how to get into sim mode, but doesn't tell you how to get out. I have turned the unit off and on several times. It did start working correct after one of the recycles, but once I recycled it again later, it went right back into sim mode. Any ideas?

I need to pull out the wiring diagram to tell you which pins but there are two (2) pins on the one of the connectors that MUST be jumper together else the unit will be in SIMULATOR mode.

I need to pull out the wiring diagram to tell you which pins but there are two (2) pins on the one of the connectors that MUST be jumper together else the unit will be in SIMULATOR mode.

Download the manual from Garmin.

Table 3 page 40 says: Pin # 7 Simulator Select simulator mode, connect to ground for normal operation.

There are three pages in the manual that tell you the same thing.

This info is for GX50, GX60, and GX65.

(I know about this because I installed a GX60 8 or 9 years ago and I had the same problem you described.)