Has anyone hooked up an Apollo GX-55 to the Dynon D100?
Bobby

I have a GX-50 and EFIS D-10. No problem. There was a bug for a while in the Dynon a couple of years back where the GPS integration didn't work quite right with the Apollo units. It works fine now and you should have no problem. What's your specific question?

We're trying to determine if the GX-55 (or any GX-??) has ARINC output.
Dynon tech spt says if it does, it'll display CDI info on the D100.
Anybody know the answer to this?

Thanks, that is helpful that your GX 50 worked with the D10. At least now I know the d100 will get some gps info. Also did you use an OAT probe with the D10 or you just using the gps info? Still need to know if going straight from the GX55 to the d100 will display CDI info as well.
Bobby

worked some for me

Thanks, that is helpful that your GX 50 worked with the D10. At least now I know the d100 will get some gps info. Also did you use an OAT probe with the D10 or you just using the gps info? Still need to know if going straight from the GX55 to the d100 will display CDI info as well.
Bobby

I installed a GX55 to a D10A in an RV-6, via RS232. The data stream from the GX55 is limited in scope compared to the newer GPS's. IIRC The GX55 would not supply CDI info nor the TAS/winds etc. We used a 396 to get all the goodies to work from the D10A. It has been some time since I did this, so there could be some updates or changes from Dynon to change my info.
We did connect both the 396 and the GX55 to the D10A via a toggle switch to select which one drives the D10A, we just have basic info when on the GX55. We did use the remote compass module with OAT probe, which is needed to get TAS info. Hope this helps you.

The GX series does not have ARINC. Even if it did, you would need the HS34 to interface to it.

The later firmware does support GPSS over RS232 which as far as I know, this is the only GPS series that ever did this. The problem is that not many other devices support this but a few do like the older TT autopilots.

Like Jamie said, I think the GX series is ok over serial with the Dynon now after the bug fix.

We're trying to determine if the GX-55 (or any GX-??) has ARINC output.
Dynon tech spt says if it does, it'll display CDI info on the D100.
Anybody know the answer to this?