DonFromTX

Well Known Member
I looked for guidance as to which hole to put the AP disconnect switch in, found none so went to others photos. I guess it can go most anywhere, but I see several at least have put it in the second hole from left. Does that work out fine?

autopilot disconnect

Many installations on certificated aircraft have them on the wheel/stick. My TruTrak has a disconnect on its own control unit (on the panel) and I have one for control wheel steering on the stick grip. This is also a disconnect. Very handy to have it right there in the event of a malfunction. $.02

Will probably do that someday, right now I have the old ELSA inspection watching me like a hawk! I would prefer to have my trim on the stick too.

Many installations on certificated aircraft have them on the wheel/stick. My TruTrak has a disconnect on its own control unit (on the panel) and I have one for control wheel steering on the stick grip. This is also a disconnect. Very handy to have it right there in the event of a malfunction. $.02

autopilot disconnect

Don,
Figure 1 on page 31-07 shows the location of the autopilot disconnect switch as second from left. The right half of the panel is not shown. The note between steps 2 & 3 says to put a rivet in the hole if not installing the switch. So that 1/8" hole is the one that gets enlarged in step 3.
Joe