kritsher

Well Known Member
My plane went up for its second flight today. There were a few issues...

1. Oil leak. The o-ring a the top of the oil tank was pinched. Easy fix.

2. Low voltage and constant discharge on the ammeter during flight. During the flight, the skyview showed a steady 4A discharge and the voltage was down to 12V by the end of the 30 minute flight. This was NOT observed in the first flight. Eventually we discovered a wire from the generator coil that was not securely installed in the connector at the regulator, resulting in a bad/intermittent connection. So we fixed that and when we fired the engine up again we got a good strong charging current.

3. "AP Disonnect Broken" message. I know that the button worked before because I used it to configure the AP servos. I'm wondering: could this error be caused by a low system voltage related to issue #2? Has anyone else gotten this message, and if so, what was the fix in your situation?

Thanks

My Dynon D-180 gave the same Autopilot disconnect open circuit error message. I assumed it was a software problem and I disabled that alarm. My AP disconnect button works fine.
Joe Gores

Setting Change

To fix the autopilot disconnect, you must disable a feature that senses if there is a broken wire. If it is not changed I believe all Skyviews will do it when the autopilot is engaged. Easy fix.