RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
RVators,

if any of you lucky ones are going to the Summit I believe the Skieview is in action there. Would you mind taking a video of it, the menus, the looks, the actions etc etc. It would help people like me 1/2 accross the world evaluate it a little better.

The demostration is happening at 1:30 PM-2:00 PM on FRIDAY.

Thanks in advance.
Rudi

Last edited:
I don't have any video but had a one on one demo of the skyview for the 1st half hour this morning. I also attended a summit demo.
I'm currently flying with a Dynon 10A and a GRT EIS-4000.
My intention was to buy the 7" skyview.

All I can say is that I will now opt for a the skyview 10". I like how everything has been modularized. I will sell off my GRT, 10A, battery backup, magnetometer & OAT to buy the skyview. All the pin assignments from my EIS will directly plug in to the skyview module.
The User interface and the customizable interface will allow me to display EFIS/top view/EMS as 40%/40%/20% view with single action control or any other display output.

Very nice product and very well designed.

Last edited:
All the pin assignments from my EIS will directly plug in to the skyview module.

Are Dynon's existing engine monitors and the GRT EIS pin for pin compatible?

I can't tell because I was never able to get a manual from GRT and they have not had a manual for their EIS on their website in what seems like years.

If they are not, seems existing Dynon EMS customers will be rewiring their connectors........

XM Weather on Skyview

Has Dynon talked about the timing of the availability of an XM weather interface with the Skyview? I will do a major panel upgrade and go to the 10" Skyview when XM weather is available, but will keep my current system until that happens. Thanks

Last edited:

First, current EMS products and SkyView are 100% pin compatible. Drop in replacements.

The GRT and Dynon are semi pin compatible. The EGT/CHT is a direct plug in. The rest of the sensors do require some rework, but you don't have to re-run wires all the way to the sensors or anything. Just different pins.

lt will be a while before we can do weather. We have to have a full working map before that makes sense. We'll have a roadmap of expected future releases in January.

I can't tell because I was never able to get a manual from GRT and they have not had a manual for their EIS on their website in what seems like years.

If they are not, seems existing Dynon EMS customers will be rewiring their connectors........

Dynon told me the GRT EIS 4000 use the same pin assignments.
They did this intentionally as they had no preference and decided it would be easier for users to move to the Dynon product line if they were the same.

You can find the EIS manual and connector drawings in the "Files" section of the GRT Yahoo Users Group.....here's a link, but you may have to join in order to view it (that's OK, amost everyone gets approved for membeship...;)):

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GRT_EFIS/files/