60av8tor

Well Known Member
Wasn't sure exactly where to post this; please move if necessary.

Anyone successfully exporting AOPA online flight plans via .gpx files since they transitioned to the "FlyQ Web"? They had some major snafus with the transition and have had the same statement up for almost a month.

Used to use the beta version quite often and upload the .gpx files to my Skyview - easy peasy preventing a lot of hand jamming. Now the plan exports, and shows up in Skyview on the thumbdrive, but there is no data.

My problem is, I cannot pinpoint exactly when it stopped working properly - I'm almost positive that I successfully imported since the change to FlyQ, but maybe not. Just trying to isolate it to either a FlyQ issue, or possibly a 5.1 SV update issue..?

Thanks for the help!

I noticed the same problem.

It does not appear to be working correctly. They even state that they are working on some problems. All my previous saved plans are gone? I used to use it to export all the time, in beta 2.0 , or what ever it was. Now I get a file that is no good. I'm holding out hoping they will get it working.

Thanks a lot; I was assuming (and hoping) it was an issue with FlyQ. I used it a lot with the beta version to import flight plans - extremely convenient. Really hope they get it figured out, but it has been quite a while. Wondering why on earth you would introduce such an un-polished product:confused:

I'm pretty much burned out on the AOPA planner entirely as a result of the change, and the planner was the only reason I kept my AOPA account. I opened a Weathermeister account this morning, between that and fltplan.com and skyvector, I'm good.

AOPA just "upgraded" themselves right out of my wallet.

Yeah, I agree. The 'upgrade' is, right now, pretty much garbage. At least now you can edit parameters of a flight plan once you create it - that was not possible when they first released it.

Yeah... me too.

I'm just mad and wanted to vent. I used to use the "OLD" aopa flight planner and liked it... alot. Since the flyQ online product replaced it, I have tried to use it, but I think it is an abysmal failure. I too, find that aopa's membership value is diminished because of it. So, I am looking for a nice online flight planner. I like my iPad a little bit.. :), but I prefer a real computer most of the time. I wish aopa would just put back what they had before and abandon the current flyQ offering... at least until it gets fixed. It would be nice if they used real pilots to test the thing. Thank you for my little rant. Maybe someone from aopa that matters will read these posts and do something about it.