videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
I just returned from a short trip down to Lakeland where AOPA held its first annual AES. Since the RV-12 was a topic of many discussions, I thought you might like to know what went on. First, it exceeded their expectations by at least 5 times! There were 150 attendees. We spent all day Monday hearing from some of the best and brightest in aviation education. A highlight (at least to me) was Barrington Irving (google him) who, although not an RVer, has the spirit of aviation far beyond his years.

I represented AviationNation, our new program of building RV-12s in schools. Interest was quite good, and I got many good ideas from the people there. AN currently has only two projects being built, but at least two more are scheduled to start next year, and a third probably will begin in a local college. That will be a first, and a big step forward for aviation. Expect to hear more about AviationNation!

If you would like to know more about AviationNation, visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/Aviation.Nation.Projects/ or contact me. Our showcase project is in Jennings Co. HS, the same school where I began Eagle's Nest Projects five years ago. Obviously we have learned a few things with time and experience, but we can always learn from things like the Symposium. AOPA is to be applauded for such a fine effort of promoting youth aviation. Thank you, Mark Baker and staff, and thanks also to the staff of Sun n Fun!

Bob