jmvolpp

I'd like to post a picture of the AOA indicator in our RV6 to accompany comments about same, but am restricted from doing so. Might I request clearance through that airspace?

Mike V.

VAF does not host pics.

You got to host em somewhere else and then link to em in your post.

There is a FAQ in how to do this on the left side of the screen.

Thanks, Brantel, I'll give it a whirl.

As mentioned in my initial post, I'm part owner with 2 other pilots of an RV6, none of us having had anything to do with building it - but we sure enjoy flying it! It has an AOA indicator, as depicted in the attached pix,
library
, for which we have no documentation or installation information. The back of the case reveals only that it was made by Dwyer Instruments, Inc, of Michigan City, IN, with one port labelled LO and the other HI. The Dwyer support technician I spoke to was forthcoming with zero helpful information and actually seemed distressed that one of their instruments was installed in an airplane. We'd like to fine tune the calibration - is anyone familiar with this particular instrument and where it may have come from?

In 39+ years of flying a variety of light aircraft, this is my first experience with an AOA indicator, and I wonder why it isn't more commonly used (I read and enjoyed the discussions on this forum). Having a depiction of lift compensated for weight and speed, available at a glance, is a reassuring addition to the feel of the aircraft at slow approach speeds.

Mike V.

Last edited:
Why do you 'spect that red X is in the text instead of the link to photobucket for the pix? I must be missing something simple...

Mike V.

Why do you 'spect that red X is in the text instead of the link to photobucket for the pix? I must be missing something simple...

Mike V.

Hey Mike, I am not a real code-slinger, but I took a look at your post, and see that you are pointing to a directory, but not a file. You have this between the "IMG" brackets:

http://s1338.beta.photobucket.com/user/jmvolpp/library/

You need the complete link to a particular file to make it work.

just because i'm a nice guy :D

UH8lR.jpg

pXEME.jpg

7CWmo.jpg

upload your image, then right click on the image and hit "copy image url"

then go to vans and hit the icon that looks like mountains and a sun (a picture!) and it will insert the [IMG} [/IMG} tags, then you just hit ctrl+v and you're done. repeat for successive images.