Paul B

I am building my wings one at a time and am ready to rivet the left one. I have the AFS AOA sport and will not be using Van's stall warner, but do plan to use Van's pitot/static system. I am leaning towards the Dynon Skview MFD. My questions:

Right or left wing for the AOA pressure ports and should I mount these before attaching the leading edge?

Where is the best place to route lines from the ports?

The AOA schematic says to tap into the pitot and static lines, but where is the best place to do this? In the wing or near the Skyview remote module behind the baggage bulkhead or some other location?

Is the Skyview compatible with Van's pitot/static system?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

This is what I did

Not saying it is right just the way I did it. I put the Dynon AOA/Pitot probe in the left wing. My aileron autopilot is going in the right wing.

The Skyview is compatible with the standard Vans pitot and static setup but you will not get AOA on the Skyview if you go this route. Your will need to get the Dynon AOA/Pitot probe if you want this option.

My pitot line from the left wing is routed to the aft side of the baggage compartment where the ADAHRS is located. My pitot line from the aft fuselage is routed to the same place.

Hope this helps

If going with a Dynon EFIS, put the Dynon Pitot tube in the left wing.

I didn't realize Van's gives you a stall warning with the -9, not that you need it.

The Skyview is compatible with the standard Vans pitot and static setup but you will not get AOA on the Skyview if you go this route. Your will need to get the Dynon AOA/Pitot probe if you want this option.

You CAN get AOA with Van's pitot if you add another tube nested behind the original with the forward tip angled down 60?.

Advanced Flight Systems AOA

Thanks for the responses so far. My plan is to not have the AOA displayed on the Skyview. I already have an AFS Sport AOA and I want the AOA display to be separate, so that it can also serve as a back-up instrument should the Dynon go dark. My understanding so far is that the Skyview will work with the standard Van's pitot/static system, just not display AOA information.

I will install Van's pitot and associated tubing in the left wing as per plans. My understanding is the pitot and static sources must be plumbed to the Skyview's remote module that is usually mounted in the fuselage behind the baggage area. My main questions are should I mount the AOA pressure sources in the same wing as the pitot and where should I tap into the pitot and static sources as called for in the AFS AOA schematic?

AOA sources may be installed in either wing. And you can tie in to the system anywhere it is convenient.

I put the AFS AOA ports in the left wing just to keep the plumbing run short. My sport brain box is on the left side sub-panel.

I have multiple devices that require pitot/static inputs. The AOA is just another tap off the P/S lines behind the panel.